Sunday, February 12, 2012

Our Love Story Link Up

I was tagged in a love story link up by the wonderful Tyah Haro, you can see her post as well as the link to the original post here.

Unfortunately I am not smart enough to figure out how to copy the cut original button that Tyah had so you will have to see it on her blog. So here is a little summary of our love story in honor of Valentines Day!

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?

We have been together about 5 years


2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}

Kenny and I grew up together. We were in the same stake through church most pretty much all of our lives. We became best friends in high school and had a little bit of a confusing relationship from there.


3. If married, how long have you been married?


We will have been married 5 years in May! Crazy how fast the time flies!


4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?

We were married and sealed in the Mesa Arizona Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We had our reception at a local church and it was beautiful! Due to some crazy circumstances our wedding was smaller than anticipated, but we appreciate everyone who changed their schedules to be there. To make a long story short, the day after we sent out our wedding invitations, Kenny got the dreaded call (while we were in getting our marriage license no less) that he was being deployed in a very short time period. In fact he was to deploy before our original marriage date. So we had to call all those we sent invitations to, move up the wedding and get new napkins printed out with the new date of our wedding. It was a very stressful time let me tell you.


5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another?


Babe is pretty much what we call each other, sometimes you get a dorkface or nerdtron in there too.


6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.


Just three things, that is super hard, but let's see.


1.) My husband is hardworking! I love his work ethic and his willingness to do anything that needs to be done. He works hard to support our family and I am so thankful for that.


2.) He makes me laugh. No matter what is going on he can make me laugh. Sometimes all he has to do is look at me a certain way and I laugh.


3.) He is a priesthood holder. He is spiritual and has a relationship with our father in heaven. Without that our marriage could not withstand the craziness of this world. I am so thankful for his wonderful spirit.


7. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?

He is definitely a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy. Although he is doing better at being more romantic. :)


8. Tell us how he proposed?


I was attending BYU-Idaho at the time and had asked my mom if I could come home for the weekend to refuel. I was having a difficult time and my mom agreed. One night while I was home Kenny said he wanted to take a drive, to talk about things, but he had to stop at his house first. He was acting funny and I had a feeling something was up. He went to his room and got something, put it in his hat to hide it and off we went. He took me out to a spot where we had star gazed many times before. He first turned on the song that he had used to ask me to our sophmore homecoming. Then as I got out of the car and came around to the drivers side I was admiring the beautiful sky when I turned around to see him on one knee with the ring ready. It was everything I ever dreamed of. It still gives me goosebumps thinking about it. I then went back to BYU-I where I finished a semester and planned a wedding at the same time. :)


9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?


Pop in a movie, and relax on the couch.

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?

We would love to go to Hawaii! We have talked about it for a long time now. Eventually we WILL get there. I would also love to visit the Czech Republic and see the city of Prague. Of course any kind of travel would be great for me!

11. Tell us what you plan on doing this Valentine's Day.
Nothing. Kenny has scouts so I will be sitting at home with baby girl.


12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's Day?

Just a date night with the hubby, dinner and a movie is good enough for me!

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.

Communication and patience. Without communication, your relationship will fall apart, and patience is a must. When you are putting two different people in a marriage where lots of time is spent together, patience is important.
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I loved your Love Story!! I never knew about the star-gazing proposal! So very sweet! And Hawaii huh! That sounds WonDeRfuL!!