Monday, October 17, 2011

Transitions

For those of you that know me well, you know that I am a creature of habit. I HATE change, and think if somethings working why change it. Obviously I can't live by this theory all the time, although I would like to. Sometimes things change because they have to, and sometimes by choice. But change is inevitable. One famous philosopher once said, "The only thing constant is change itself." Well Sunday night was a big night in our house. Yes, baby girl slept in her own room, for the first time in her life. I know she is 7 months old, don't judge me. :) I told you I don't like change.
While she slept like a champ, and I knew she would, I did not sleep at all. I have this irrational fear of not being able to hear her breathe when she is in another room, which is silly because I can't hear her breathing when she is in my room either. And I have watched too many news stories, TV shows (Criminal Minds, CSI, Law and Order etc.) and have this fear of someone breaking in her window and stealing her while I sleep through the whole thing. While I know the chances of these things happening are slim, I cannot seem to shake the images from my mind. Anyways I will get over my irrational fears and accept the change that is inevitable.


Here is baby girl sleeping in her own bed for the first night in her life. :)

1 comment:

Kylie said...

Congrats. :) I know the feeling of worrying about breathing and kidnapping...Walt has always slept in his own room, but I check on him like 500 times a night. It's a mom thing.