Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fall


Since everyone is else doing a "what I love about fall" post I decided I would do one too. Here are things I love about fall, in no particular order.

High School Football
More specifically, Chandler High School football, where my brother is on the varsity team. (You can pick your jaws up off the floor now.) I know, who would have thought I would enjoy football. Well, the only football I enjoy is high school, maybe because I know the people playing, maybe because it's on a smaller scale, I don't know, but I enjoy going to his weekly games. I love the atmosphere of high school games, there is just something about them that puts a smile on my face.

Hot Chocolate
More specifically, QT hot chocolate. They have perfected the art of making hot chocolate. I have
yet to find one that is as good as theirs. Trust me, I am the expert of hot chocolate, I have tried every hot chocolate around. I love QT hot chocolate, and fall gives me a reason to drink it every day. (well almost)

Cooler Weather
More specifically, being able to open the doors and windows. Hang out outside without sweating. Driving with my windows down and my music up loud. Cooler weather. Since Arizona really only has two seasons, I feel the need to soak up the "sweatshirt" weather.



Halloween and Christmas
(I know the pictures are out of order but I couldn't get them to cooperate)
More specifically, watching children enjoy these holidays. I love to sit out on the front porch, or at a trunk or treat and watch all the cute kids dressed up in their costumes. I love seeing the excitement on their faces when they are given candy. I love watching children open up presents and seeing the joy that comes from it. I love the spirit of Christmas and everything is stands for. I love rereading the birth of Christ in His humble circumstances, and I love seeing the Christmas lights at the Mesa Temple, it is something I recommend for everyone, whether you are LDS or not.

and last but not least...
Grandma
More specifically, I love that this wonderful lady is a little bit closer for a few months. My grandma lives in Utah, but is a snowbird. So in the winter months her and her husband come down to Yuma, to avoid the cold winters in Utah. This makes her only 3 hours away instead of 12. I enjoy that. I love that she is here for Christmas and Thanksgiving, because I feel like I don't get the chance to see her much. And I want Kenzi to know my grandma, she is such a sweet and kind lady. We have lots to learn from her and I want to soak it all in. I love having Grandma close for a while.

It is the simple things in life that I love about Fall. Nothing elaborate, but all these things bring a smile to my face, and that is why I can't wait for fall every year.

No comments: