Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pay Your Tithing!

Let me start this out by saying, we are not rich, by any means. If I budget well enough, we have enough money to live comfortably. I have always had a testimony of tithing. At a young age. You always hear those people in church say..."one month I only had enough money to either eat or pay my tithing, it was a hard decision but I decided to pay my tithing, and then they go on to state something happened in which they had just enough money to eat, or pay the bill that was due, etc." Well I have one of those stories too. There have been months that I have been short and I get a check in the mail for the exact amount I was needing. Or I find money hidden somewhere that I forgot I have. These past couple weeks, money has been extra tight for us, and I could not figure out why. Neither of us was bringing in less money, we didn't have tons of added expenses that I didn't know about. I was racking my brain and just could not figure out why I felt our money was so tight. Well today while we are sitting in church Kenny pulled out our tithing envelope (with the check from 2 weeks ago still in it) that he had yet to turn in to the bishop. And at that very moment, I realized, no wonder we have been so tight on money. We were behind on our tithing, not by choice, just because my sweet husband forgot. But it still made a difference in our monthly budget. Paying my tithing regularly has definitely blessed my life. I know that if I did not follow that commandment, my life would be very hard.

*For those of you who don't know what I mean by tithing. We have been commanded by the Lord to give 10% of our earnings to the church in order to be used for many things in the church. Our money is used to build churches, temples, provide landscaping, supporting missionaries, helping those in need and so much more. In Malachi 3:10 we learn " Bring ye all the atithes into the storehouse, that there may bebmeat in mine house, and cprove me now herewith, saith the Lordof hosts, if I will not dopen you the ewindows of heaven, and pour you out a fblessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. "
You may find out more about tithing and other blessings of our church at www.mormon.org

1 comment:

Allison said...

What a wonderful testimony of tithing. Definitely appreciated this today :)