Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I'm so glad when daddy comes home...




There is a song often sung in our primary (children's classes) at church that goes like this, "I'm so glad when daddy comes home, glad as I can be. Clap my hands and shout for joy and climb up on his knee, put my arms around his neck, hug him tight like this. Pat his cheeks and give him what...a great big kiss!" When my aunt was living with me it was a song she used to sing to Kenzi to get her to sleep. Of course she didn't understand the song or what it means, but man does it ring true today. This little girl LOVES her dad!


When he walks in the room after not seeing her for the day, she lights up. If he walks by without picking her up, she cries. He even takes her outside with him, as he cleans the garage, messes with the car, whatever it may be and she is completely content. Many nights they fall asleep together, in fact I can't put her to sleep, her dad has too.



Many nights and afternoons you will find them like this:




They definitely have a bond that is unbreakable. I know that they will be best friends throughout their lives. She is a daddy's girl and there is no doubt about it. I am glad that he only missed the first 3 months of her life. She will never remember him being gone and they still bonded greatly.


At 4 months old they had their first dance...

And I am sure that this is just the first of many.
I cannot wait to see this relationship grow. It is so sweet to see your tough guy husband (kinda) melt at the sight of his beautiful little girl. He is not so tough anymore. He is a great father to her, and I know she is blessed by his love.





No comments: