Saturday, September 28, 2013

Ramblings of the past few weeks...

If you have been following me on IG and/or Facebook you are probably pretty caught up on the past few weeks, but there are some things I feel like I need to write for journaling purposes.  There are a lot of lessons I have learned in the past few weeks and I feel it important to record them in case I ever    forget them. :)

1. 



The day I went into labor with our beautiful baby Tate, my husband lost his job.  Yes, he lost his job.  Let me tell you, that was one of the most emotional days of my life.  Here I am ready to bring a baby into this world at any second, and my husband no longer has a job.  What are we going to do I thought?   How are we going to survive on no income for 6 weeks and then just my income after that?  How are we going to afford all the things a baby needs along with the other necessities of a family?  I tried not to think of it too much an just focus on the sweet baby we brought into this world.

"We can do hard things."

Of course this has not been the first hard thing I have ever done in my life, but it definitely was a reminder that we can do hard things. We tried to have faith that Heavenly Father had a different plan in mind for us.  And we are still waiting to see exactly what He has planned for us. Kenny has applied and made it past many rounds of the Tempe Police recruit program.  We are praying that this may be the new plan for us.  *cross your fingers* But if not, we will continue to have faith that Heavenly Father has a different plan for us.  And that hopefully He will continue to provide a way for us to survive until we figure out what's next for us.

2.



I am blessed with the most amazing husband ever. No but seriously I am.  Through all of this he has worked his butt off finding odd jobs, handyman jobs, anything and everything he can to bring money in.  I am truly grateful for his wilingness to work. I am grateful for his knowledge of almost anything and everything handy.  If there is something he doesn't know then he looks it up and learns it.  I will forever be grateful for him and his willingness to work and do almost anything to support us.  He never complains about the long hours and odd jobs.  He just does it while continuing to help with the kids.  He is a great example of sacrifice and I can't imagine where we would be without him.

3. 




Missionary sacrifice blesses everyone around.  It is no secret that my brother left for his mission a little over a week ago.  







Let me tell you, my family has already seen he blessing of his sacrifice.  As I said previously, Kenny has applied for the Tempe Police Department.  There were over 700 applicants and Kenny made it to the first set of call backs. He passed the physical, written and made it to the panel interview round.  We are now waiting to hear back to see if he passed that.  I know that The Lord had a hand in getting him that far (not that my husband couldn't do it), but to make it through over 700 applicants, that is amazing to me.








No comments: