Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ode to Mater

I'm pretty sure my husband shed a tear this weekend, as he bid farewell to his beloved Mater.

This truck is/was my husbands pride and joy. He bought this truck before we were married and it has been semi faithful. This was his play truck, he would take it out in the desert and "find some mud" as he called it. Somehow he was able to find mud no matter where he was going. He spent many hours working on this truck, buying parts and trying to fix it up to be better. Unfortunately, it would never work for what we needed it for. He would get frustrated when he couldn't take Kenzi somewhere because it wouldn't fit her carseat, or because I refuse to ride in it because the door handles didn't work. (you would have to jimmy-rig it or reach through the window to the outside, pull on that handle and then open the door...lots of work!).







This truck will be (semi) missed. There have been many fun memories. I decided the best way to remember Mater would be to recall some of the fun times we had in it.


*I will never forget when I had taken this truck when preparing for my wedding. I had to run home and get something and I had to take my grandma and cousin with me. I don't know if you can tell from the picture but the truck is very high off the ground. I had to boost my grandma into the truck while my cousin tried to pull her in. We were all laughing so hard that it took us forever to get her in the truck.

*My poor mother is also too short and there were many times she struggled to get in the car.

*This truck was/is UGLY! We had a neighbor who (jokingly) used to ask when we were going to get rid of this "white trash" vehicle because it was bringing down her home value haha


So many fun memories in that truck. I hope that my husband finds another vehicle he loves as much as that one. Here's to finding a new family friendly vehicle, that my husband can fall in love with.






1 comment:

Miss Riss said...

Nooooo! Mater?!! How sad!!...moment of silence for Mater......