Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas, New Years and a Wedding

(First I would like to apologize for the poor quality of some of these pictures, they were taken off my camera phone.)

Whew this season has in fact been a busy one. Let's begin with the Beautiful wedding of my brother and his lovely wife Jordan. They were married at 8am Friday December 9th 2011 in the Snowflake Arizona Temple. Let me just say it was FREEZING like 4 degrees out or something, we could see our breath and there was definitely snow on the ground. But the Temple was BEAUTIFUL and so was this bride and groom. After the wedding we rushed down to Gilbert for the luncheon and reception at the Shenandoah Mill. Here is a picture of my lovely family with the bride and groom. (I am not sure what Kenny is doing, he kind of looks fake but I promise he was there haha)

Next came Christmas, Baby girl's first Christmas. I don't know why but I never really got into the spirit of Christmas this year, which is so sad. It seemed like no matter how hard I tried it just never really felt like Christmas. But we still had fun nonetheless. Here is a pic of my family (minus my dad, he was at Church already) on Christmas morning.



The next few pictures are of baby girl opening her pajamas on Christmas eve and her presents on Christmas day. She wasn't quite sure what to do with the presents or the wrapping paper so we had to help her, but overall I think she loved her toys and all the attention!










New years just happens to fall on Kenny's birthday (or maybe it's the other way around :)) but anywho it is always fun to have 2 celebrations at the end of the year. This year we went up to iur friends cabin in Pine. It is always fun to get together with our friends (who are pretty much family) and play cards, eat, laugh, eat and even play some dance on the Xbox kinnect. We always stay up too late, eat too much and have too much fun (is that possible?) and I wouldn't change that for anything. Baby girl sure had fun too being spoiled and passed around, she even took four steps multiple times throughout our stay, I bet she will be walking soon!









1 comment:

Kylie said...

Kayla - glad you guys had a good Christmas! I can't believe I didn't even think of you living in Mesa! I wish I had realized so we could have visited. We were only there for about 48 hours, but still...