Wednesday, February 4, 2009

We love you Mater!



Today my husbands dog Mater, got out and got hit by a car. (he is living with Kenny's parents right now) So my mother-in-law took the dog to the hospital, but he has some pretty bad wounds.  He broke his leg very badly and has some scrapes and bruises.  They said it would be $4000 for the surgery in order to fix his leg. REALLY! $4000! Unfortunately we do not have that kind of money, it was $1000 just do be able to do monthly installments, and we don't have that either.  So Kenny and his parent's came to the decision that they would just put Mater down, that was their only option, although my husband really did not want his dog put down.  So I dropped him off at his parents so they could go take care of it and he could see his dog again.  And it turns out that the Vet won't put him to sleep, cause he is still a puppy and has a full life ahead of him. So what do they do next? We have to pay for him to stay in the hospital for the night (at $650 a night) and then my father-in-law has to go tomorrow and take him to an adoption place where their vets will fix him up and then put him up for adoption. But guess what, they said we can't adopt him back. Man oh man this has just been a terrible night.  We are going to try to convince them tomorrow that they should let us adopt him back, My husband loves Mater with everything he has.  I hate to see him so sad.  So please send your prayers this way, for Mater and for my husband.

2 comments:

Dax and Steph said...

That is so sad! That is ridiculous that they would charge that much. Just have a friend go adopt him for you and then buy him back from your friend. I can't believe they would tell you that you can't adopt him!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, this breaks my heart! Is Mater a german shorthair? (he looks like one) Cause that's what me and my boy have, and I couldn't imagine if anything happened to her. My prayers are with you guys...You should def have someone go adopt him for you guys, if they won't let you guys adopt him back yourselves. I am so sorry! Hope it all works out!