Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunshine Sunday!

Today I decided to share something that is close to my heart, and something that is often not understood by members not of my faith.  This is the topic of Temples and how sacred (not secret) they are to us. 


Here is a picture of my husband and I when we were married on May 11, 2007 in the Mesa Arizona Temple for time and all eternity.  I love my husband so much.  He is my best friend and the person I tell EVERYTHING.  I cannot imagine being married until death do us part.   I don't want to have to live in eternity without him, what a sad life that would be. 

I have always had a hard time expressing the beauty and divinity of the Temple, while also keeping it sacred and non confusing (I am not good with words).  But I saw this article floating around Facebook and decided to take a look.  This article is actually written by a female Episcopal priest, and I think she explained it beautifully.  It is always nice to get a positive view point from someone not of our faith. I highly recommend you read this article (member of our faith or not) and gain some insight as to why Temples are so important to us. 

Click HERE for the article.

I am so excited for the new Temple that is currently being built a couple minutes from my house in Gilbert. I have enjoyed watching it grow, from the groundbreaking to what it is now, and eventually until it is completely built. When it is finished, and before it is dedicated, we will ALL (member or not) be able to tour the temple and see its majesty.  I encourage you to take that opportunity to go inside and see for yourself what it is all about.  If you would like more information, please let me know.

Here is an artists rendition of what the new temple will look like (although the outside of the structure is pretty much done already)




I cannot wait to have this beauty in my background, and hope that you all will enjoy its beauty too.

No comments: