Wednesday, April 18, 2012

7x7 Award

I was recently "awarded" by two people actually (I guess I am super special lol) the 7x7 blogger award. So thank you to the wonderful Tyah at Humble Haro Abode and Carissa at T is for Townsend for giving me this award. Although I am not really sure what this is, or what it means, I decided I would participate anyway. Sounds like fun right?? I am supposed to share 7 facts about myself, share 7 blog links and then award 7 more blogs for this award! So here it goes!

7 facts

1. I am afraid of the dark. No really, like I am SUPER afraid of the dark. Like once all the lights are of in the house, I DO NOT leave my room. If I need something, or baby girl needs something Kenny is the one who has to deal with it. If I am ever home alone at night, chances are there are 4 or 5 lights on in the house, and every TV is on as well. I also am known to lock myself in my room, as if that is going to save me from the impending thief. It is so bad that I don't even like to drive alone at night, I get this intense anxiety and feel like everybody is following me home, or just waiting for me too look at them wrong so they can shoot me. I know, I know completely ridiculous but I can't help it.




2. I have a love/hate relationship with scary movies. Because of my #1 fear of the dark, obviously scary movies are not good for my mental sanity. But I LOVE scary movies (the suspenseful, non-gory, non-bloody ones) my favorite one being "When a Stranger Calls" the newest one. I think I slept with the lights on after seeing it, and refused to babysit at night ever again, but there is something about the suspense and being on the edge of my seat that I absolutely LOVE!



3. I LOVE Disneyland. Like seriously LOVE. If I could have an annual pass (financially) I totally would. I want to go during the Christmas season, it is on my list of things to do before I die. I also want to go Disney world, eventually when I win the lottery (oh wait I guess I don't play the lottery) I want to travel to all the Disneylands/worlds wouldn't that be AWESOME!?!


4. I am very shy and don't like talking about myself. Which is making this very hard....so bear with me.


5. I started babysitting when I was 9 years old. People in my church would always ask my mom if I could babysit, she would then tell them I was only 9 but would be fine babysitting, so they took her up on the offer. People have always thought I was older than I really am. I can remember many times while babysitting at night, after the kids were in bed, being so afraid (refer back to number 1) that I would have to seriously focus on the TV or book I was reading (with the TV on for sound of course) in order to get the fear in my stomach to subside.

6. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You can read more about ithere and here. I love my faith and would not trade it for anything in the world. Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer, and if it wasn't for him, we would not be here, life would not be possible. Faith keeps me going and I am strengthened every Sunday when I attend church. I love being sealed to my family for eternity, and cannot imagine leaving them when I die. I am so thankful for temples and am grateful for the beautiful one being built within 5 minutes of my house.


7. I HATE, HATE, HATE change. I just don't do well with it. You would think after the crazy married life/military life I would be used to it. But I still HATE it. I feel like the world is closing around me, things are never gonna be the same and that life can never be as good after the change. I know it is completely irrational, but I still don't like it! :)

7 blog entries
1. A little about us at: A blog link-up
2. A little bit of life at: Real Life Law and Order
4. Life Changes at: Transitions
5. A little military perspective at: Time Limit
6. Thoughts on my little girl at: There is sunshine in my soul
7. Sharing some blessings at: Blessed

7 more award winners
2. Micaela at The Schell Family
3. Stephanie at Dax and Steph (it's been too long since you blogged about your cute family!)
4. Sam at Phillips Family
5. Tasha at The Fleming Family

Good luck to all the winners! Can't wait to read your fun blogs!

No comments: