Monday, August 27, 2018

Back to School Tips

My kids recently went back to school and although they were ready to go back, I was dreading everything that came with it.  The chaotic mornings, busy nights and everything in between.  I was determined this year to be more organized and hopefully make our lives a little easier.  I looked through pinterest, instagram and google and tried a few different things.  I think we are finally getting into a groove and wanted to share what has worked for us.





1. Prepare everything you can the night before.  Every night I get clothes picked out, make sure we know where everyone's shoes are (I can't be the only one who's kids loose their shoes constantly right?)  We fill up water bottles, make our lunches and put our snack in our backpack. Everything has a place, the backpacks hang on their designated hooks, clothes on a designated dresser and so forth.  This has made our lives tremendously easier.  The kids know where everything is, and can get their stuff together on their own.

2. Make a list.  I made lists, and will eventually laminate them 😀 of things to help keep the kids on track.  They have a morning checklist and an after school check list.  For my son who can't quite read yet I put pictures that correlate with each item so he knows what each item is.  So instead of telling them 20 times in the morning what they should be doing, they are now keeping track themselves and I have more time to focus on getting the twins and I ready.

3. Set up a homework table (or area).  This has helped my kids immensely.  I went to target and bought extra school supplies, anything I thought they might need to complete their homework and set it up on a table.  Now they both sit at the table, with all the supplies and they find it easier to get their homework done.  It gives them a place to sit and concentrate (as much as little kids can) and they can help each other as well.

Just these simple things have greatly improved our everyday routines and have helped to keep us organized.  I don't know what I didn't do it sooner.  What do you guys do to help lighten your load? Any more organization tips for me??

No comments: