Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Birthday Weekend

This past Sunday was my birthday.  The weekend started off with my mom and I going shopping for a gift. She wanted to get me some maxi skirts but I am a hard person to shop for so along we went. We ended up finding 2 cute skirts, mixing bowls, and cups. I definitely was spoiled. 
Side note: you know you're getting old when you want mixing bowls for your birthday.



Friday night my hubby "surprised" me with finding a babysitter for the kinds (thanks mom) and getting a hotel room so I could have a night of uninterrupted sleep.  My husband was hoping it would be a surprise but unfortunately he's not very sneaky and I knew about it all along. So off we went to drop the kids off and away to our destination. He had a room booked at La Quinta Inn. 

Worst.Desicion.Ever.

I'm pretty sure sleeping on the floor would have been more comfortable then the bed. AND to make matters worse there was a dog in the room next to us that barked (more like yipped) ALL.NIGHT.LONG. And I'm not even exaggerating. So much for my night of solid sleep. We were both so tired the next morning. Luckily, they did take $20 off our bill, but still, biggest waste of money. I don't recommend staying at the one in Mesa. Just a heads up.

Anyways....

I also got to pick out a new pair of work shoes. I know I lead an exciting life, but seriously I was in desperate need. And I think they are cute.



Sunday my mom made me my favorite dinner and my husband made me my favorite Ice Cream cake dessert. I received some lotions, a candle and hand sanitizers from my brother and his girlfriend, and some flowers from my visiting teacher.



Overall it was was a great birthday. Thanks to all who wished me a Happy Birthday and for the sweet gifts! I really appreciate it.

1 comment:

Miss Riss said...

haha, what a bummer about the hotel =( At least you were still able to have a good birthday! And I'm loving your new shoes! ...good job on updating the blog =) lol!