Saturday, June 18, 2011

Time Limit

I wonder what life will be like without a time limit. My whole married life there has been a time limit. 12 days after we were married Kenny deployed, then R n R, we got 2 weeks. When he returned from that deployment we knew it was just a matter of time before he was deployed again. Let me tell you it is the worst feeling always having the thought of a deployment looming in the back of your mind. It is hard to live life every day knowing that eventually your husband will have to leave again. So when the second deployment came we were back to our time limit. This time he was sent to California first. So our time limits were more brief, 3 or 4 day passes here or there. It's hard to live your life knowing your husband is deploying, while he is in another state and there is nothing you can do. Wasted time. That is what it feels like. During this deployment we were back to the 2 week R n R and now finally our time limit will end. We are in the single digits and then we will never have to have a time limit again. I won't have to live with a looming deployment. I won't have to latch on to my husband afraid that he will be called up again. I am not sure how to live without a time limit, but I am SO excited to find out what it is like. These deployments have taught me many things, one of them is appreciation. I appreciate being able to come home to my husband every night, I appreciate all the little things he does for me. I am so thankful for him, and when he is gone, I realize all the small things he does that I take for granted. He is my rock and best friend. I can't wait until our time limit is gone!

3 comments:

hallahan333 said...

awe so cute! im so proud of both of you! i know that i couldn't do it. you guys are awesome and my hero's i miss you and am so very happy for your time limit to come to an end. congrats on your little one and your life together. stay safe!!! love you both!

Brianne said...

SO close! I'm so happy for you guys! Is Kenny going to get out of the military? Or just no deployment again for a really long time?

Kayla Lindholm said...

Brianne- his active contract will be up in December, so he can't be deployed again before his contract is up. YAY!