Monday, June 13, 2011

So Many Things...

I know, I know, I know... it has been way too long since I updated last. There are so many things running through my head that I can't seem to organize them in a fashion in which they will be understandable to a mind other than my own. But I will try my best. Here it goes....

The freshest thing on my mind is the passing of the sweet, loving, kind Lanae Peck.

0007515445-01-2_211455.jpg


I did not know her that well, but her impact on my life is one that I will never forget. I remember when Kenny and I first moved into this house, and into this ward. The ward was so big and overwhelming I wasn't sure if we would ever find our place. I was sure that we would be lost in a ward of 600 people and never fit into the cliques that were already formed. But Lanae (Sis. Peck) proved me wrong. I remember her sweet smile and kind words as she welcomed us into the ward. I remember seeing her at Fry's and her stopping to talk to us to see how things were going. Such a small act, but one I will never forget. I don't know why her passing has hit me so hard, maybe because she was so young, only 40, I can't imagine loosing my mom at such a young age. My heart aches for her young children who now have to go one without her. I will forever be grateful for her kindness and welcome spirit. She was truly a gem.



On a happier note, this event will be happening SOOOO soon!



That's right folks, by the end of this month my sweet husband will be home and we will have kicked this deployments butt AGAIN! Man I can't wait to have my hubby home and for my little family to be complete again. I am now counting down the days and my excitement is growing. Come on time, go faster. I'm ready for homecoming!

Another noteworthy event: my beautiful baby girl is now 3 months old! Can you believe it?! Man time flies by. I can't believe she is that big already. She is finally beginning to get some rolls and chubbin' out a bit, but still not as big as I was at this age. She is absolutely adorable and I love her more than anything. She is definitely the light of my life and my best friend and confidante while Kenny is gone.

(Don't you just love that face :) )



1 comment:

MOORE FAMILY said...

yeah I am so excited for the end of the month to come. Kenzi is so cute, its amazing how fast they change.