Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happenings...

I am sorry my blog has been very neglected. Life has been busy and I just don't have the time to upload pictures right now. But I will do a little recap on our Christmas and New Years.


Christmas was great in our house! We both got what we wanted! I got a Cricut Expression, and although I was a little mad that my husband spent way more than the limit, I am very thankful that he got it for me. I got him a Carhartt Jacket, something that he has been wanting for a very long time. Thankfully both of our families live close enough that we could spend Christmas with both families. We spend the first half of the day with my parents because my brother called in the morning. He is enjoying Hungary and has a lot of investigators and baptisms. After the great time with my family we headed to Kenny's family so we could be there for both (yes 2) of his brothers to call from their missions. We heard from Cameron first who is in Minnesota, he said it is cold but he is enjoying himself. Next we heard from Ryan who is in Tennessee and is due home on the 27th (YAY) he is also doing well and enjoying his mission. It is so great to know that we have such valiant missionaries around the world. Please remember them in your prayers.



New Years also happens to be Kenny's birthday so we tend to have a party to celebrate. This year it was at our house and just really had our family over. We played games and had cake and did the usual things. The next day we got up and headed to our friends cabin in Pine. We stayed there for a few days and man it was so amazing! I can never get enough of that retreat! We enjoyed ourselves by playing cards, eating, playing cards, eating, playing mario, playing cards, eating.....(I think you get the pattern) and we enjoy each other's company. I am so blessed to have such great family and friends. We took Addie with us and played in the snow she seemed to enjoy it and just enjoys being outside.



We also were able attend my dear friends college graduation! I am so proud of her and can't wait to be there! Only 2 more semesters!!!



For drill in December Kenny had family day, it was pretty boring and unorganized as usual (isn't that sad) but we did get a chance to tour and ride in their hummers that the use in battle. Man can I just say a ride around the parking lot made my claustrophobic. I can't imagine driving around in those for 12-14 hours a day. Just another experience that made me truly grateful for those that are fighting for our freedom!



I also am kind of ashamed to admit that I fell into peer pressure and read Twilight. Can I just say I read the whole book in about 2 days and I can't wait to get the next in the sequel. I still refuse to see the movies but for all you skeptics like me out there, the book is really good. I am not into vampires and all of that fantasy stuff, but the love story definitely makes up for it!



Well I think that is it for now, here are some pictures of our recent happenings....




1 comment:

Mr & Mrs Smith said...

I am glad you had fun during the holidays. I love the pictures:)