Sunday, August 2, 2009

8 in the morning

So it happened, the thing I have been dreading ever since we moved into this ward.  We changed to the 8am time slot.  I have to admit, I have been complaining and moaning and groaning ever since I found out that our stake changes times when school starts and that our next time slot would be at 8 in the morning.  For those of you that know me, you know that I am NOT a morning person whatsoever! And I had a hard enough time getting to church at 10am.  This means no more late Saturday nights for a while and getting used to a whole new schedule(can I just say I am so thankful I don't have kids that I have to get up at that time too!).  So we showered Saturday night (so as to sleep in as late as we could) and set the alarm for 7:00.  The phone on my alarm has been finicky lately and doesn't like to go off! And guess what! it didn't go off this morning either so we woke up at 7:30 instead of 7:00.  Still we hurried around and hustled and bustled so that we could make it to church on time! And can I tell you something! The Lord definitely blessed us for making the effort (and sacrifice for me) to go to 8:00am early morning church.  Today was also Fast Sunday, and the spirit was so strong! The testimonies of those in the ward touch my heart so deeply! I am so glad that I made it to church today! And will make an honest effort to make it on time (and hopefully even early) to church every Sunday!  It is getting a little better and we are getting to know a few more people, but I still feel lost in a huge ward! Maybe it will get better soon! School will be starting back here in a few weeks and I only have a year left before I get my bachelors! I am so excited! If I can just chug along til that point all will be better! 

4 comments:

Mr & Mrs Smith said...

Oh I so understand! Church starts at 9 year around for us, and even though its better than 8, it is still tough when you wake up early every other day. I love you girl! Now that I am trying to get settled, we will plan on that cruise!!!

Jessica said...

Yeah eight is way too early, but it means you have the rest of Sunday to relax! Which seems like something you have to do when you go to church so early! We have church at 9 and we woke up once at eight, and it was just crazy! So good luck with the time!

Corynn said...

We haven't gone yet. We are going this weekend. We were hopping to get a bit group, but it looks like we will only have 2 other couples. It is Bear Canyon Lake. Directions? Hmmm. Payson. Right at the McDonalds for about 20 miles? I dunno. The hubs uses Google Maps. haha

Emily P. said...

Thank you for your comment Kayla. Working with children is so rewarding isn't it? I was reading your blog post, i am glad i don't have kids right now either because i love my sleep way to much like you!