Friday, December 16, 2011

6 years, a husband, and a baby later....

That's right folks, 6 years, a husband and a baby later and I finally graduated from Arizona State University!

It is hard to put into words the overwhelming feeling of accomplishment I felt as I stood in Wells Fargo Arena and as I walked across the stage and recieved my "diploma." As I went through this process sometimes it felt like I would never make it. It was a long challenging road but I finally made it. I am so grateful for all of those who supported me, helped me with homework, and watched baby girl. I could not have done it without the support of family and friends.










The actual ceremony was super fast and really enjoyable. The speaker was short and sweet. I really enjoyed what he had to say. It seemed like he only spoke for five minutes and then they were reading off names. They read names quickly but efficiently, you can tell that they must do this every once in a while haha or like a million times a year! What a great experience my college career has been, now I am not sure what to do with myself. I may take classes here and there just to keep up the learning. What a fun day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!! I am so proud of your accomplishment Kayla!!!! Education is such a blessing and what a wonderful life achievement you can add to your list!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Miss Riss said...

Kayla!! CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so proud of you and I wish so badly I could've been there to watch you graduate!! I'm so impressed with your perseverance to complete your degree even after deployments, marriage, and a baby!! You're an animal!! I LOVE you!!