Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Time

A wise woman once said: "The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead" Marjorie Pay Hinckley

When I read this quote one word comes to mind. Time. I never really contemplated how much of an impact time has on life. Our whole life is made up of time. This quote actually makes me feel a little guilty. I feel like half of my married life I have wished away my days waiting for better ones, the ones where my husband would be home and we would be back to our wedded bliss. I am constantly trying to figure out how to truly enjoy life, when my everyday is filled with worry, stress and wondering if my husband will every make it home. How do I truly enjoy life when my best friend and husband is in constant danger? I can't seem to figure it out and then I think of this quote and I am completely baffled and begin to feel like a failure. Is it possible to TRULY enjoy life like this? I wish I could figure it out. But sometimes I feel like it is hard NOT to wish away my days, I am constantly counting down the months, days and weeks until I see my husband again. I guess I need a new perspective and I am not sure how to gain it. I am not saying that I don't enjoy my life, because I do. I have the best family and friends and for the most part I do enjoy my day to day life, but when you add the word TRULY I am not sure I qualify... but I am definitely trying to enjoy my time.

This deployment brought a whole new sense to the word time and this quote in general. The first half up until Kenny's R n R (rest and relaxation) I would say I wished away the days, until my husband came home and our sweet baby girl was born. But now that I have this sweet baby girl, time and I have a love-hate relationship. Baby girl is growing up too fast. I can't believe it has already been 6 weeks, and I want time to stop so that she can be in this cute cuddly stage for a while. On the other hand I want time to speed up because I want my husband home to enjoy this sweet baby girl and all the fun cuddling time that I get. Time- something I love and Hate. Will I ever be satisfied, probably not, just something I needed to get off my mind.

If anyone figures out how to control time. Please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated.

No comments: