Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Veteran's Day

I have to admit, growing up all Veteran's day meant to me was a day of school, usually resulting in a three day weekend, often spent up north to a weekend get-a-way. Wow have times changed. Although I am still grateful for the day off and usually it does fall on a Monday, the meaning of Veteran's day has definitely changed for me as I have grown older, as I hope it has for you. Now as most of you know, I am a proud Army Wife, my husband is in the Army Reserve and has served one tour in Iraq. As you can imagine, this brings a whole new meaning to the event of Veteran's day. I am excited to celebrate all of the soldiers who have fought for this country, past or present. Especially for the one's who have lost their lives fighting for this country. I greatly enjoy the freedoms that come from it and don't know what it would be like to live in a country were freedom is not practiced regularly. I have experience the stories my husband has shared as he described the war torn country of Iraq, how they live and die, and how the freedoms we so often take for granted are not the same to them. On this Veteran's day I hope that you will take the time to thank a Veteran, for what they have done for us and this country. I hope that we remember this day not only as simply a day off from school, but a day to truly remember those who have lived, died, and fought for this country. I also pray that we would keep special mind of those killed in the recent attacks at Fort Hood. What a sad situation, those young lives should be remembered. Parent's I encourage you to teach your children the real meaning of Veteran's day, fly your flags high and be thankful for this freedom that we enjoy every day.









Thank you baby for serving our country, for sacrificing all to keep us safe, for this I am truly grateful and am so proud to call you my husband.

No comments: